California State Paid Family Leave (PFL)
- Si no ha trabajado porque está cuidando a una persona o un miembro de su familia está en cuarentena con COVID-19 y tiene una nota de un doctor, puede pedir una solicitud de indemnización para el cuidado de la familia.
- La ciudadanía y el estatus migratorio no afectan elegibilidad para esta indemnización.
- If you cannot work because you are caring for an ill or quarantined family member with COVID-19, as certified by a medical professional, you may be able to file a Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim.
- Citizenship and immigration status does not affect eligibility for PFL.
- PFL does not have a waiting period for benefits.
- If eligible, you can receive PFL payments for up to 6 weeks.
- If you are unable to do your usual job because you contracted COVID-19 during the regular course of your work, you may be able to file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits such as temporary disability payments or medical treatment.
- Citizenship and immigration status does not affect eligibility for workers’ compensation.