General Questions

Contact Us for specific questions.

General Questions

Will my class be in person (or onsite)?

Classes will be in person at the Adult School.

How do I get my old High School Transcript?

Please contact the student records OR counseling department of your old high school.

How can I meet with my guidance counselor?

E-mail Eunice Vines

What are the hours the CCAS office is open for by appointment visits?

8:30am-3:30pm, Mon-Fri

What is the CASAS test?

CASAS tests assess basic and academic skills in real-world contexts. The system monitors progress in reading, math, English language, writing, and work-readiness skills. CASAS is the most widely used adult education competency-based testing system in the United States.

Are there any resources to help me take classes online?

Yes! When possible, we offer a Basic Computer Skills Workshop available free of charge for new and returning students that will prepare you to take class online.

How do I get a copy of my GED?

1. If you earned it pre-1990 >> request the GED transcript through the CCAS site (must be able to provide name, DOB, and year certificate earned)

2. If you earned it between 1990 - the year we stopped offering GED exam >> request transcript from (official GED site)

Can I receive proof of enrollment? (i.e. needed for government services or immigration purposes)

Yes. For CCAS proof of enrollment is a copy of your attendance. For new students, proof of enrollment can be requested after two weeks of attendance in your program. For continuing students, a copy of your attendance may be requested from office staff and sent via email.

I am interested in completing my HS diploma. Can you order my transcripts on my behalf?

No. Most districts have online systems where a former student may enter their personal information (name, supposed graduation date, DOB) and order their transcript to be mailed to the student or a school.

I am interested in a High School equivalency exam (GED, HiSET, or TASC). Which is best for me?

There are many factors that would help you decide which exam is best for you. Here are some suggestions. If you are interested in pursuing higher education speak to your academic advisor to see if the institution prefers a specific test. If you are interested in joining the military or law enforcement speak to your recruiter. Otherwise, when you meet with our school Counselor she can discuss the different avenues available to you.

If I attend High School outside of the Culver City District, can I attend CCAS to do credit recovery?

No. Please speak with your High School Counselor for your options.

I attended ESL at another school – do I still have to take the assessment?

Yes. We must test all new students.

Does CCAS offer vocational programs (CNA, dentistry, cosmetology, typing certificates, etc?)

Not at the present time, however we are able to get you in contact with the necessary departments if you are interested.